Insurance Defense Lawyers Serving Kentucky
At Porter, Banks, Baldwin & Shaw, PLLC, our Eastern Kentucky insurance defense attorneys represent insureds, insurance carriers and self-insured companies in state and federal courts throughout Eastern Kentucky and beyond in a variety of insurance defense matters.
What Type Of Defense Issue Are You Facing?
Our insurance defense practice is comprehensive, covering a full range of issues, including:
- Medical malpractice defense: We defend medical professionals, hospitals and other medical facilities in cases involving surgical errors, birth injuries and other claims of medical malpractice.
- Professional negligence defense: We defend professionals and organizations against claims of professional negligence and legal malpractice. We have represented lawyers, engineers, real estate brokers, insurance agents and many others.
- Coal, oil and gas litigation: We represent coal, oil and gas companies in environmental and remediation litigation and in administrative hearings regarding mine safety, health and mineral rights.
- Bad faith insurance defense: Our attorneys handle claim denial litigation, subrogation litigation or litigation involving amount of a claim. We also provide coverage opinion services and have experience in litigation declaratory judgment actions when an insurance company has decided to defend an insured under a reservation of rights.
- General insurance defense: We represent insurance companies in personal injury claims, car accidents, property and other casualty claims.
- Product liability: We represent manufacturers, distributors and retailers, from large nationwide corporations to small family-owned businesses, against claims of product liability.
- Workers’ compensation/black lung defense: We are experienced in Kentucky’s workers’ compensation law as well as the federal black lung program. We have litigated these cases from the administrative process through the appellate courts.
- Civil rights litigation: The firm handles numerous matters on behalf of defendants accused of violating the civil rights of others.
- Employment law for employers: We represent employers in all types of employment disputes, including claims of discrimination, wrongful termination and retaliation.
- Education law: We defend school boards, Kentucky school administrators and teachers defending against employment, civil rights claims and tort claims. We also provide school boards with preventative planning and counseling services.
- Municipal and governmental law: We represent public companies and local municipalities in all types of actions.
Get Skilled Help For Claim Defense
From our offices in Paintsville and Lexington, Kentucky, we provide experienced and aggressive insurance defense representation. Contact our experienced insurance defense lawyers today to schedule a consultation. Call toll free at 877-270-4221 or send us an email.